The personal information you provide will be used by Newark and Sherwood District Council, the Data Controller, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR to facilitate ticket sale(s) and administer events and services delivered through the Palace Theatre.
The purposes for which we collect your personal data
We collect and process the following types of information:
- information that you provide to us when you register for an account, for the purposes of purchasing tickets, subscribing to our newsletter services or requesting further information or services
- information you provide when completing our surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access
The basis for processing this information is your consent and where necessary for the performance of a contract.
Who we will share your personal data with
Some of your personal information will be shared with Spektrix, our data processor, used in connection with allocating seats and providing tickets in relation to events. We will only share the minimum data necessary for this purpose.
When we send you emails for example via our newsletter, we will share your data with DotDigital who distribute the newsletters and email on our behalf.
If booking for an Open Doors event, you will receive an evaluation survey after you have attended the event. As we receive funding from Arts Council England, we are required to provide data to the Arts Council England Illuminate Platform for their ongoing monitoring. The responses you provide within the surveys will be shared with them. For more information please see https://www.illuminate-data.org.uk/privacy-policy or contact the Box Office at email@example.com.
We will not share your data with any other third party.
How we will process your personal data
Your personal data will be kept securely and in accordance with the Council’s retention policy and schedule. Details of which can be found on in the Council’s asset register on our website: http://www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/yourcouncil/makingarequestforinformation/re-useofpublicsectorinformationregulations/
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR you have the following rights:
- the right of access to your own personal data
- the right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data
- the right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format
- the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Telephone: 01636 655216
Making a complaint
In the event that you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Newark and Sherwood District Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case.
If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office